themitzz

themitzz

Taking the Heat (Selected Sinners MC #2) by Scott Hildreth

Taking The Heat (Selected Sinners MC Romance Book 2) - Scott Hildreth, SD Hildreth, S.D. Hildreth

It's sometimes difficult for me to get into a story where the hot alpha male is a sex-obsessed man whore. I've never read a sex scene quite like that first one and I wasn't sure I was going to like Cambio Todelli, aka Toad. But Scott won me over by turning his man whore into a man with a heart and one who is kind beyond measure to those around him--especially those down on their luck or needing a little good fortune to fall their way.

Toad is a former Marine who served several tours in Afghanistan. He suffers from survivor's guilt and PTSD--a walking time bomb. He cannot perform sexually without being borderline brutal or without including elements of BDSM--the likes of which not many women can handle.

Sydney is a down-on-her-luck, homeless, jobless adult orphan. She knows what she wants to achieve in life and isn't willing to accept anything less. She is who she is and doesn't apologize for it--what you see is what you get.

The day these two broken people meet, their lives are changed forever. Their road to becoming unbroken isn't without incident but proves beyond all measure that determination to be better and to do better will win out.

In addition to reading Toad and Sydney's story, characters from previous books make their appearance. I really enjoyed how their lives were intermingled here. As one reviewer said, "Wow! I might love Toad more than The Ripper....." The Ripper is hard to top, but I agree with her.

I've been a fan of Scott's writing since the first time I read one of his books. They've all had a huge impact on me in one way or another, but nothing like this book has. This story reaches deep into the human psyche and makes one examine life's meaning and causes one to want to be better. This book definitely touched my spirit, and I believe it'll touch yours as well.

I recommend for readers over 18.