themitzz

themitzz

Truce: The Historic Neighbor from Hell by RL Mathewson

Truce: The Historic Neighbor from Hell - R.L. Mathewson

He noticed the dance card on her wrist. It was full, which didn't surprise him.

"And the book?"

She held it up and shrugged. "It's one of my favorite plays. It helps me relax. I had a feeling that I would need it tonight by the way that my mother and sister were behaving."

He couldn't quite make out the words from the worn cover. "Which play?"

Her whole face lit up. She obviously took great joy from her book. "As You Like It by Shakespeare. It's my absolute favorite, she said dreamily.

Robert groaned. "I'm going to have to kiss you now."

*****

If you've read any of the books from this Neighbor From Hell series, I know you loved them, and this one is no exception. If you haven't read any, well now is a good time to start. It's written in the style of historical romance and is true to the Bradford boys' charm (and hearty appetites) that we've come to know and love. I read this in one sitting--it was that good!

Robert and Elizabeth's story will have you laughing, crying, and cheering for them throughout the book. It's a great love story at its best. Nothing is ever as easy or cut-and-dried as we'd like it to be, but when we want something badly enough, we'll work hard to get it...once, that is, we get past our pride and stubbornness.

When Elizabeth meets up with her childhood nemesis, Robert, whom she hasn't seen in over fourteen years, sparks fly. They tormented each other throughout childhood and it seems they want to continue the torment now. When a truce is called, life changes for these two and things will never be the same again.

I hope you'll enjoy this story as much as I did.

I recommend for readers over 18.