themitzz

themitzz

Dazzled by Silver

Dazzled by Silver - Lacey Silks This is a prequel to the Layers Deep series.

I had been warned prior to reading this book, that I may not be comfortable with the female on female sex and the female/male/female sex. And, I may have been a little uncomfortable if the storyline and plot hadn't been so good. Lacey has a way of bringing such life to her characters and once I started reading, I couldn't stop.

I loved Gabriel (Gabe) Silver...strong, sweet, compassionate...all those qualities women like in a man. Samantha (Sam) Connor is a bit naive yet looking for a no-strings-attached fling -- but I liked her. Kendra was an idiot and I didn't care much for her. In her defense, though, she's a drug addict and involved with some real shady people and I believe her addictions are conducive in her making really bad decisions. Her manipulative personality bothers me, but I don't think we're supposed to be a big fan.

Gabe is fighting the demons of a lost love and has become immersed in his work to forget. He has vowed to avoid any type of lasting relationships.

Sam is trying to heal after a crappy two-year relationship with a self-centered man who doesn't care about anyone but himself.

Kendra is Sam's best friend and trouble seems to follow her.

As Gabe and Sam's feelings for one another grow, they work on a plan to trap the low-life drug dealers who have Kendra backed into a corner with nowhere else to go.

Cliffhanger ending, but since I had already read the Layers Deep, I knew where the story was going.

I enjoyed the book very much, and I think most people will too.