themitzz

themitzz

Surrender to Love

Surrender to Love - J.C. Valentine ���Never be afraid of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you.��� ~Unknown

I loved this book. I received a copy from the author for an honest review. I have not (at the time of this review) read the first two books in this series.

The main characters, Jon and Patti, have "baggage" from their pasts that continue to haunt them as they try to run from their troubles. Well, that's all about to change. They're going to have to face their past if they want to continue to move on with each other.

The story starts right out with Patti finding her boyfriend(Kyle)in their bed with another woman. There are some pretty funny references to his cheating and anatomy here that had me cracking up.

Jon has a secret in his past that prevents him from accepting happiness in his life, so he copes by one-night stands and keeps himself from committed relationships. Until he meets Patti. There's just something about her.

Things get steamy and Jon soon realizes how much happiness Patti has brought to his life. Then a secret from Jon's past is revealed and he doesn't think Patti could accept him for who he is now. He is no longer the young and reckless man he was in his youth, but he pushes away because his guilt continues to haunt and punish him.

The relationship of Jon and his family is especially sweet. I loved them.

Great character development in this story and I was rooting for them to work things out. They do in the end, of course, but getting there was challenging.

Lots of humor as well as tearful emotion felt throughout. I found myself close to tears at several points and really felt a connection to these two.

I hope you'll enjoy this book as much as I did.