themitzz

themitzz

Knockout

Knockout - J.C. Valentine ***I received a copy of this book from the author to read and review.***

Five big stars from beginning to end.

Jamison Weston and Alyson Blake share a past connection that neither can forget. She holds close her last memory of him being dragged away in handcuffs. After many years, their paths cross again.

���������And now, ladies and gentlemen, in front of a packed house, the time has come. Fighting out of the blue corner,��������� he said, his voice growing louder as he pointed to the man in question, the one Alyson couldn���������t seem to tear her gaze from, ���������this man is a jiu-jitsu artist. Standing at six-feet three inches tall and weighing in tonight at two-hundred and five pounds, he has a professional record of twelve wins and zero losses. Fighting out of Columbus, Ohio, please welcome Jamison The Juuuuuuuudge Westonnn!���������
As the roar of screaming fans hit its crescendo, Alyson sat in complete silence, too stunned to move a muscle. Holy hell, it was him. Jamison Weston, the boy from her past, the boy���������literally���������from her dreams, had returned. Beside her, Olivia was joining in the frenzy, shouting out cat calls and making idle threats to Jami���������s opponent as the announcer introduced him.
Through it all, Alyson stared straight ahead, at the boy turned man, the person she owed her life to, and the last person she should want to see. -- from Knockout by J.C. Valentine

This was a page-turner from the very beginning. I felt an almost-instant connection to the story of Jami and Ally. Jami is a gentle giant whose need to protect Ally shines throughout. Ally is a protector in her own right due to circumstances that haunted her childhood.

There's a lot of sexual tension between these two--the kind I've become accustomed to in J.C.'s writing. Many times I was brought to tears as I could relate to and feel the pain in the hearts and minds of Jami and Ally--the sign of a great writer. A side plot or two within this story serves to thicken the plot. It has a bit of a cliffhanger ending, but one I can live with until the next book in this series comes out.

I loved the choice of music referenced throughout. (I actually downloaded some of the music to listen to during my second reading.)

I LOVED this book. I think you will too.