themitzz

themitzz

Ridley House

Ridley House - Willa Jemhart 4.5-5 stars

This book was gifted to me by the author, Willa Jemhart, and this is the first time I've read her work. It will not be my last.

Kay Rover has no family, no memory prior to the age of 19 (75 years ago), and no home base to claim as her own. When Kay begins her summer job at the Ridley House, she feels an almost immediate connection to the old manor. The manor holds an old-fashioned charm similar to that of a southern plantation with the wrap-around balcony and white wicker furnishings. But amidst the charm of the Ridley House there lies mystery...mystery that Kay is determined to unravel.

The author took me on a ride into the unknown and I just settled in with Kay as she worked to unravel the mysteries of this once one-family home that now served as a summer resort known as the Ridley House. This story is very well written with description so clear that I could feel myself wrapped up in the story as if I played a major role. The characters are well developed throughout, and I found myself especially cheering for Kay to find her answers.

I highly recommend this book, and I look forward to my next Willa Jemhart read.