themitzz

themitzz

Can't Shake You

Can't Shake You - Molly McLain *I received this ARC for an honest review*

For readers 18+

"He resisted the urge to roll his eyes, happy that she at least
continued after him, her flip flops slapping against the unfinished
floor like pissed off little penguin feet."

I really, really liked this book, and I couldn't stop reading once I started. This is a sweet romance with a touch of mystery as well as some laugh-out-loud moments that I found completely entertaining. The characters are unforgettable, and I will be thinking about this book for a long time.

Carissa Brandt and Josh Hudson had a one-night stand three years ago. After he deployed to Afghanistan she began to date his oldest friend, Reed Fletcher. But Reed never knew about Carissa and Josh's hook-up. Shortly after Josh returns from Afghanistan, Reed and Carissa break up.

Both Carissa and Josh carried the memory of that one night in their hearts for three years and they haven't been able to shake the undeniable feelings they have for one another.

When Carissa's contractor was discovered to be cheating her on a summer renovation job, Josh offers to lend a hand and take over the contractor work. Their attraction is re-ignited, but because of a man code of "don't look twice at a woman a friend has dated" Josh tries (and fails miserably) to deny his feelings for Carissa.

This is a story of second chances, familial redemption, and learning to follow your heart. Give this book a read. You'll be glad you did. I know I am.